A Response to Ron Rhodes’ The 8 Great Debates of Bible Prophecy
Debate 3: Ron Rhodes asks, “What Can We Know About the Signs of the Times?”
(My response is also to Rhodes’ teachings in his book, “The Popular Dictionary of Bible Prophecy”.)
In this post I answer the 2nd of the following questions put forward by Rhodes:
- Do Current Signs Point to Prophetic Fulfillment?
- Is America in Bible Prophecy?
- Can We Know When the Ezekiel Invasion Will Occur?
Is America in Bible Prophecy?
Rhodes and other futurists interpret several prophecies in the Bible in relation to Israel’s current existence. Because of that, Rhodes admits surprise at America not being mentioned in the Bible considering the role that they have and continue to play in Israel’s existence.
Given that the Bible typically mentions the nations that are allied to or who are against Israel, it should surprise dispensationalists that America isn’t mentioned in any of them. Needless to say, instead of this notable omission being a red flag to Rhodes’ futurist theology, he chooses to explain it away. He goes against his own good reason that expects a nation of such significance as America to Israel to have been mentioned, and against the precedent found in the Bible to do just that, and instead waxes eloquent with all sorts of probable reasons as to why America isn’t mentioned.
The omission of America is an obvious red flag that should have directed Rhodes and other dispensationalists to reconsider how the texts that they subscribe to Israel today might have already been fulfilled centuries ago. Sadly, though, he and other dispensationalists plunder forward investing way too much time and speculation around modern Israel and beyond using a false prophetic narrative.
Instead of focusing on the central message of the Bible that concerns what Christ has already done for Israel and the Gentiles, dispensationalists consume people’s time and money speculating about the future using prophecies that have already been fulfilled.
Responses To Ron Rhodes’ ‘The 8 Great Debates of Bible Prophecy’:
- Bible Prophecy: Literal or Allegorical
- Toppling Dispensationalism
- Israel is Saved or Judged, not Replaced or Distinct
- The Signs of the Times – Do Current Signs Point to Prophetic Fulfillment? – PART 1
- The Signs of the Times – Do Current Signs Point to Prophetic Fulfillment? PART 2 – Israel
- The Signs of the Times – Do Current Signs Point to Prophetic Fulfillment? PART 3 – Middle East, European Union, Globalism?
- The Signs of the Times – Is America in Bible Prophecy?
- The Signs of the Times – Can We Know When the Ezekiel Invasion Will Occur? PART 1 – Israel regathered from Many Nations
- The Signs of the Times – Can We Know When the Ezekiel Invasion Will Occur? PART 2 – Russians and Muslims to Invade Israel on Horseback?
- When Will The Rapture Occur?
- Taking Issue with Futurism – Interpreting Revelation Part 1
- Daniel’s Seventieth Week and the Book of Revelation – Interpreting Revelation Part 2
- Babylon, the 144000 and The Two Witnesses – Interpreting Revelation – Part 3
- Who is the Antichrist? – Part 1
- Who is the Antichrist? – Part 2
- Who is the Antichrist? – Part 3
- Who is the Antichrist? – Part 4
- The Millennium
- Prophetic Events and Their Timing